10 Totally Easy Ways for Anyone to Support NWBB
Approximately over 8,000 Veterans die by suicide each year, and thousands more struggle daily with the challenges of living with PTSD. We count on supporters like you to help us make a difference in the lives of our American heroes by pairing them with professionally-trained service animals, and there are many simple ways you can help.
- Talk to a Veteran: Do you know a Veteran that might benefit from having a professionally-trained service animal? Talk to them about our program and share our website so they can see if they qualify.
- Share on social: The more people we reach, the more Veterans we can help. Consider promoting our fundraising campaigns to your friends and family through social media or simply sharing the work we do throughout the year. Here’s a fantastic video introduction to our program to get you started. And while you’re at it, follow us!
- Make a donation: Whether you make a one-time gift, sign up to be a monthly contributor, or become a sponsor for a service animal/Veteran team, every donation helps us to further our mission of pairing as many animals as we can with Veterans in need.
- Learn more: Helping our American heroes begins with understanding the challenges they face. Once you learn the facts about our military Veterans, we know you will want to be a part of what we do.
- Shop your support: Though Amazon is doing away with its Amazon Smile program in the near future, you can still support Northwest Battle Buddies in a small way. We’ve created a wish list on Amazon where you can order some of our frequently needed items, like food, beds, crates, etc., for our service dogs in training. Every little bit helps!
- Invite us in: We love to share the mission of Northwest Battle Buddies and some of our success stories with new audiences. Consider inviting us into your business or organization to give a talk or presentation.
- Make NWBB your cause: If you would like to invite others to make a donation to Northwest Battle Buddies in lieu of gifts or flowers, we can create a custom donation form for any occasion, including weddings, birthdays, and memorials.
- Attend our gala: Our annual Freedom Gala is an exciting and moving event that brings supporters, Veterans, and their service dogs together to celebrate the Veterans and their families' lives that have been forever changed by NWBB while raising money and support for the future Veterans NWBB will serve. Click here for more information about our 2023 event.
- Join our mailing list: Stay up to date on Northwest Battle Buddies news, events, and insider info by signing up to receive our newsletter each month.
- Tell a friend: A personal recommendation goes a long way in getting new supporters to participate. Get the word out about our important work by sharing it with your friends and family.
While we always appreciate donations to support our program, there are also smaller ways you can support the NWBB organization. Help us get the word out about our program, or visit the Take Action page on our website for more information.